Hi everyone! I am back with more blog posts. This week I decided to try some new pork loin recipes. I had a pork loin in the freezer I needed to get rid of.
As a food blogger and busy mom, I am always thinking about food and how to get dinner on the table fast. Because of this, pork loin is a staple at my house. You can put it in the crockpot before you go to work and finish it when you get home. If you are not careful it may get boring.
Today I thought I would try pulled pork nachos. The pork loin was moist but bland when it came out of the crockpot so I made a brown sugar glaze to jazz it up. I pulled the pork out of the crockpot and layed it on a foil-lined baking sheet. I poured my glaze over the pork and broiled it for about 5 minutes. The brown glaze gave it so much flavor.
I tried to make pita nachos again (I did this with my Super Bowl nachos) but I burned them. My multi-tasking skills were not working on this particular day. After I aired out the house, I ran to the store and bought some scoops. While not as healthy as the homemade version, it did add great texture to the nachos.
Everyone in the family enjoyed the nachos. What’s great about nachos is you can add so many optional toppings.
I made pulled pork tacos earlier this week and my family loved them. About a month ago and perfected my taco recipe if you want to take a peak.
– 2-3 pounds pork loin
– salt & pepper to taste
– ½ cup Water
– 1 cup Brown sugar
– 1-2 tablespoon Cornstarch
– ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
– ½ cup Water
– 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
– 1 avocado
– 1 bell pepper
– 1 cup shredded cheese
– 1 cup diced tomatoes
1. Put pork loin in a crockpot for 6-8 hours on low. When done, set aside.
2. in medium saucepan mix together ½ cup water, brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce together. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low and stir until the glaze thickens.
3. Shred the pork loin with a knife and fork on a foil-lined baking sheet. Add glaze to the shredded pork loin and mix well. Put the glazed pork loin under a broiler for 5 minutes on high.
4. When the pork loin is done, add glazed pork loin, avocado, red bell peppers, cheese, tomatoes and nachos to a bowl and enjoy.