Hi everyone. I have another recipe dedicated to Saint Patrick’s Day. Ok you caught me – Beef Sliders are not traditional Irish fare but I made a “GREEN” mint aioli sauce to go with it. I get points for the sauce.
This was a an easy slider recipe full of beef, cheese and sauce! This recipe is perfect for a simple weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy. Best of all – kids like it because they get to eat green burgers and dip their fries in green sauce.
I paired the beef sliders with jicama fries. Why? Well, I read an article about 10 non-potato french fries alternatives and I decided to make every alternative on the list. I accepted the challenge, even though no one challenged me.
Jicama fries are super easy to make and actually taste great. I made Yuca Fries a couple of weeks back and they did not turn out that great (in my opinion). If anyone has a good recipe let me know and I will try again.
I had fun meal planning around Saint Patrick’s Day. Now my kids feel I should inject color in every meal. I am not sure how I will be able to live up to this standard.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium jicama
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef, formed into patties
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Peel jicama and cut into fries. Transfer jicama slices in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place fries in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy, turning halfway.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers in the hot skillet until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Flip burgers and cook 3 minutes on other side. Remove burgers and put on a plate to rest.
- In a mixer, add mayonnaise, mint, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process all ingredients until blended. Spoon a dollop of aioli onto each bun. Place burgers onto buns, season with pepper, and top with optional ingredients (tomato, cheese, lettuce, and pickles).
- Close buns and serve with fries and mint aioli sauce.
Watch this video for more insight into this meal.