Today I created a Philly Cheese Steak foil bake. I felt like I needed to change dinner up and try a sandwich. My family liked the change. I am not sure if we have ever eaten sandwiches for dinner. When I explained to my husband that I was making a foil bake, he was perplexed. He kept saying, “just make it on the stove.” I told him that, yes, I could make it on the stove but I was on a foil bake kick this week.
So this foil bake came out great. It was extremely easy to make during the week. I won’t say it is the best Philly Cheese Steak sandwich I have ever had but it was really good. I don’t want to upset anyone from Philly with this simplistic version of a hometown favorite.
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375grill.
- In a large bowl, toss together steak, peppers, onion, Italian seasoning, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place steak mixture in foil packs. Fold packs tighly. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Open packs, top with provolone, and add back to stove to melt, 2-5 minutes.
- Serve in bread or enjoy by itself.
Check out this quick video of me opening my foil packet!